All season, discover the richness of the Breton heritage through the 2017-2018 festivals
Dances, music, sports and traditional games, historical heritage, many traditional festivals are there to testify. They will give you the opportunity to discover the different facets of Breton culture, close to your campsite in southern Brittany.
The wealth Heritage the Breton through festivals
From the 13th until 19th of July 2016
Don’t miss the 7th edition of the Brest international naval event, if you are fond of boats this naval exhibition is the perfect experience. Brest will welcome la frégate l’Hermoine, a replica of the amiral de la Fayette vessel, many sailing boats, naval heritage, ships from around the world and many yachts. Also during the event there will be concerts, different exhibitions, entertainment, fireworks, parades and much more. A magical moment on land and by sea during your holidays in Brittany.
Temps fête à Douarnenez
From the 19th unil the 24th of July
100 boats, 300 marines and 600 artists only 40 minutes from your campsite in Brittany. The presence of this fleet will blow you away the performance will be exceptional. There will be a marine parade, nautical themed games, boat races, visits on board, performances on stage, on the docks, on the water and so much more. Experience magical moments, with traditional boats lit up, fire works, concerts, performances in streets, sea shanties all days until the end of the night. A multitude of entertainment will enchante the docks.
La Torche Windsurf championships 2016 at la pointe de La Torche Penmarc’h
From the 22nd until the 30th October 2016
The best world riders will come together at La Torche in Brittany to compete for the title of world windsurfing champion. World famous legends make a come back whilst new young contenders finally have the chance to discover this incredible surfing destination. The competition will consist of 2 slalom courses and wave competitions. A spectacular artistic and technical performance not to miss.
The Festival de Cornouaille in Quimper
From 19th to 24th July 2016
Just 30 minutes from the campsite, discover the Festival de Cornouaille, with nearly 180 shows and entertainments: Bagadou (Musical groups) parades, children’s entertainment, bell ringers’ competitions, traditional music concerts, music from round the world, Festou-noz, courses, discovery concerts, workshops, dance shows, summer university, exhibitions, the election of the Queen of Cornouaille.
The Fete des Brodeuses in Pont-l’Abbe
From 8th to 13th July 2016
Just 10 minutes from the campsite, La Fete des Brodeuses in Pont-l’Abbe is a family festival promoting for 4 days the Breton and Bigouden traditions. Bagadous (musical groups) and Celtic circles spread through the streets, enlivening the scenes and mixing in a giant finale to pay homage to the Reine des Brodeuses (Queen of the embroiderers). This year celebrates the 60th year of this traditional festival.
The Festival des Vieilles Charrues in Carhaix
From 14th to 17th July 2016
This Pop rock festival attracts of course a majority of young adults, but you also see whole families there, all generations mingling together as in the early days. As time has passed the good-natured atmosphere and eclectic mix of the music of the Vieilles Charrues has won everyone over. There is something for everyone. Come and enjoy the friendly ambiance and enjoy the music of this festival like no other with internatioanl bands & singers.
Festival du Bout du Monde in Crozon
From 5th July to 7th August 2016
The Festival du Bout du Monde is a multi-cultural/music of the world style festival which apart from its program, is renowned for its warm, family atmosphere. The beauty of the site and the welcome (campsite and parking free of charge, cookery of the world village, children’s area, public transport available, etc.).
Festival Interceltique de Lorient
From 5th to 14th August 2016
1 hour 15 minutes from the campsite, this festival offers an international vision of Celtic culture seen from all angles. 500 musicians, singers, dancers, visual artists, academics, film makers from Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, the Isle of Man, Galicia, Asturias, Brittany, the USA, Canada and Australia all get together to promote their culture….
A huge parade (free) attracts more than 40.000 people on the first Sunday of the festival regrouping all of these participants.
A few important maritime events :
- The Tour de Finistere by sailing boat: dates to be announced
- Fete de la Langoustine in Plobannalec-Lesconil, just 2 minutes from the campsite – dates to be announced. Crayfish tasting, sea and land entertainment, big meal, concert and firework display
- Fete des Vieux Greements in Penmarc’h, dates in mid-August to be announced : 15 minutes from your campsite in Southern Brittany, Regattas, races, children’s workshops, sea shanty singing and meals
- The Mondial’Folk in Plozevet dates to be announced : the small Bigouden town is transformed into a crossroads for the world. Every year about 800 artists representing around a dozen countries from the 5 continents bring their colours, rhythms and languages….
- The Festival du Cinema in Douarnenez – dates to be announced
- Arts a la Pointe – Le Festival de la Musique – dates to be announced: Festival de la Musique Classique in the chapels at Cap Sizun
- Arts a la Pointe – The Circuit d’Art Contemporain in Cap Sizun – dates to be announced: Contemporary art exhibitions circuit in unusual heritage settings
- Le Goeland Masque (police novel salon) in Penmarc’h – dates to be announced