All season, discover the richness of the Breton heritage through the festivals
Dances, music, sports and traditional games, historical heritage, many traditional festivals are there to testify. They will give you the opportunity to discover the different facets of Breton culture, close to your campsite in southern Brittany.
The wealth Heritage the Breton through festivals
The Festival de Cornouaille in Quimper
Just 30 minutes from the campsite, discover the Festival de Cornouaille, with nearly 180 shows and entertainments: Bagadou (Musical groups) parades, children’s entertainment, bell ringers’ competitions, traditional music concerts, music from round the world, Festou-noz, courses, discovery concerts, workshops, dance shows, summer university, exhibitions, the election of the Queen of Cornouaille.
The Fete des Brodeuses in Pont-l’Abbe
Just 10 minutes from the campsite, La Fete des Brodeuses in Pont-l’Abbe is a family festival promoting for 3 days the Breton and Bigouden traditions. Bagadous (musical groups) and Celtic circles spread through the streets, enlivening the scenes and mixing in a giant finale to pay homage to the Reine des Brodeuses (Queen of the embroiderers). This year celebrates the 60th year of this traditional festival.
The Festival des Vieilles Charrues in Carhaix
From 15th to 18th July 2021
This Pop rock festival attracts of course a majority of young adults, but you also see whole families there, all generations mingling together as in the early days. As time has passed the good-natured atmosphere and eclectic mix of the music of the Vieilles Charrues has won everyone over. There is something for everyone. Come and enjoy the friendly ambiance and enjoy the music of this festival like no other with internatioanl bands & singers.
Festival du Bout du Monde in Crozon
From 6th to 8th August 2021
The Festival du Bout du Monde is a multi-cultural/music of the world style festival which apart from its program, is renowned for its warm, family atmosphere. The beauty of the site and the welcome (campsite and parking free of charge, cookery of the world village, children’s area, public transport available, etc.).
Festival Interceltique de Lorient
From 6th to 15th August 2021
1 hour 15 minutes from the campsite, this festival offers an international vision of Celtic culture seen from all angles. 500 musicians, singers, dancers, visual artists, academics, film makers from Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, the Isle of Man, Galicia, Asturias, Brittany, the USA, Canada and Australia all get together to promote their culture….
A huge parade (free) attracts more than 40.000 people on the first Sunday of the festival regrouping all of these participants.
A few important maritime events :
- The Tour de Finistere by sailing boat
- Fete de la Langoustine in Plobannalec-Lesconil, just 2 minutes from the campsite. Crayfish tasting, sea and land entertainment, big meal, concert and firework display
- Fete des Vieux Greements in Penmarc’h, in mid-August : 15 minutes from your campsite in Southern Brittany, Regattas, races, children’s workshops, sea shanty singing and meals
- The Mondial’Folk in Plozevet : the small Bigouden town is transformed into a crossroads for the world. Every year about 800 artists representing around a dozen countries from the 5 continents bring their colours, rhythms and languages….
- The Festival du Cinema in Douarnenez
- Arts a la Pointe – Le Festival de la Musique : Festival de la Musique Classique in the chapels at Cap Sizun
- Arts a la Pointe – The Circuit d’Art Contemporain in Cap Sizun: Contemporary art exhibitions circuit in unusual heritage settings
- Le Goeland Masque (police novel salon) in Penmarc’h